Prior to starting his own practice, Jay Haverson was partnered with David Rockwell for ten years in an architectural and interior design firm that completed work for such hospitality industry greats as Disney, Loews Hotels, Planet Hollywood, Elite Modeling, restaurants for Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Le Bar Bat, Bridgewaters and a variety of high end residences in Connecticut, Eastern Long Island, and Westchester.
In 1993 Jay became the principal of Jay Haverson Architecture and Interior Design firm. The practice specializes in hospitality, retail and high-end residential projects across the New York metropolitan area, nationally and internationally. Work includes projects such as:
- Hilton, Westin and Starwood Hotel restaurants,lobbies and ballrooms
- Harley Davidson Café
- Nyla for Britney Spears
- Gabriele’s in Greenwich, CT
- Junior’s locations in Brooklyn, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Foxwoods, and Boca Raton
- Smith and Wollensky, locations nationwide
- MARC Restaurant Group's Morello Bistro in Greenwich, CT and Bistro du Midi in Boston, MA
- Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods and the New York, New York Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas restaurants, lounges,
and entertainment venues.
Bachelor of Architecture, Magna Cum Laude, Syracuse University, May1978.
Graduated First in Class and received AIA Gold Medal. Member CT AIA since 1983.
Master of Architecture, Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning, May 1980.
Professional Licenses include NCARB, New York and Connecticut since 1983, Florida since 1984, New Jersey since 1989, Illinois since 1998, Massachusetts since 2000, Pennsylvania since 2001 and Rhode Island since 2008.
Jay's work has been featured in numerous publications including:
New York Times, Metro Home, Dream Home, This Old House, Architectural Record, Interior Design Magazine, and Connecticute Magazine