Mr. Overland’s architectural firm, established in 1980, focuses on commercial, residential and hospitality projects with over 40 projects a year managed concurrently. His large portfolio of the area's premier Banquet facilities and many Restaurants are impressive.
His philosophy of “Creativity isn’t enough – communication between the architect, the clients, the consultants, and the builders is the key to good architecture” has served as a creative basis for his communicating architectural principles and values. Mr. Overland’s firm has the motto of “Good Design Doesn’t Just Happen”.
Leigh Overland is a renowned Architect with many awards and accomplishments;
- Mr. Overland is the recipient of several awards, including the Westport Historic Preservation Trust for his own home.
- The youngest recipiant of the B’nai Brith Youth Service Award.
- He was the selected architect for ABC’s CT Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
- He has led many civic and social organizations. He donates to many non profit organizations, and has been published countless times.
- Some recent projects include many catering halls & restaurants, including the Candlewood Inn, Waterview Banquet Facility, Riverview Banquet Facility, Portuguese Cultural Center, Irish Cultural Center, Casa Do Benifical, Mimas Meatballs, Kusulyn Sushi, & Duo Fusun.
“Good Design Doesn’t Just Happen”.